Saturday, January 16, 2016

Chelsea Building, New York City

"Chelsea Fire Escapes"  Acrylic 14x14"  Click for Info
Lately I am working with old paintings that were started but never finished. In this case I barely got the painting going when apparently life got in the way and it got shuffled to some uncommon place, not to be seen for years. Who knows what reference I was using, a sketch? a photo? whatever, it's gone. It can be freeing to work out of my head when no reference is available, and give myself permission to make fresh decisions about how to make the piece work. I decided to work in a triad color scheme - tried and true red, yellow and blue.

3 comments:

Marcela Strasdas said...

Love it Patti! Lots of energy here with the little pops of colour!

Patti Mollica said...

Thanks Marcela !

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.