Saturday, March 17, 2012

'Ol Brown Jug


After little Mimi's passing last Saturday, we decided to get away for a couple of days to extract ourselves from all the reminders around the house. I'm thinking lets hit a nice Hudson Valley B&B, cozy fireplace, page-turner novel, hot toddies. My husband was thinking lets hit Vermont, snowboard down a 4,000 ft. mountain, adrenalin rush, peppermint schnapps. He won out, as usual. As distractions go, it worked. Now that we are back, I will gladly exchange snowboarding for painting to keep my mind occupied.  Its safer and I'm better at it. Not feeling particularly colorful, I've been working on my greys lately, here is a piece that has a little bit of grey mixed in with almost every color, painted on a very grey day.

'Ol Brown Jug
11x11" Acrylic on Paper, Price on request


2 comments:

Jerry Stocks said...

I love the simplicity of this great setup. So wish I lived closer to you so that I could partake of your classes.

angie Brooksby-Arcangioli said...

So sorry to hear about Mimi. The painting is so different, beautiful as always.