Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sunlogged



Sometimes one wonders why they chose the subject matter they did. Not in this case. With frigid cold weather that cuts right to the bone, I'm wishing I could be transported to this scene, like now.
I experimented with a prepared surface (Light Molding Paste), which was very absorbent and textured, and did a washy underpainting first. I spread it on with a palette knife so that it was bumpy. The paint went on very different than the slick surface I normally paint on. In hindsight, I probably chose the wrong subject matter for a textured surface (small figures). Next time I work with texture I'll pick a simpler subject that is less detailed, so I can take better advantage of it.

Sunlogged
Acrylic on board prepped with LMP
5"x4" Price on request

No comments: