Thursday, January 26, 2012

Apple Demo



I'm back home from a week on the road, (many thanks to everyone who sent me their laryngitis remedies!) and now back to classes. Today I started teaching a 10 week class, which always begins with a "Fast and Bold Demo", (usually apples or some easy shape) along with my standard lecture that nothing is boring
(even apples) - its all about what we bring to the painting. All sorts of colors are lurking in unexpected places, and its up to us to find them and lure them out. Squint to see the values, open wide to see color. So easy, right? mmm, not exactly!
Two Apples
Acrylic 8x8" Price on request

3 comments:

Bruce Bingham said...

Very Nice! What you said is so true- it's all about how we can make an interesting painting isn't it? I'm so looking forward to taking your workshop in Tuscany in September and painting together again. It's been too lomg and your sense of color has always inspired me, as I'm sure it has inspired others as well.

Brad Miedema said...

Very strong piece Patti! I love that shadow!

Patti Mollica said...

Thanks Bruce and Brad - bruce - can't wait to see you in Tuscany in September too, a perfect setting to play with color!