Sunday, December 12, 2010

Red Apple



Busted flat in Baton Rouge (or close)...8 hours in the Louis Armstrong New Orleans Airport - whew! Its been a very long day due to bad weather in the NY area. But the good news is it gave me the opportunity to take some cool photos while waiting... of airplanes at interesting angles, the guys in the brightly colored vests that transport the luggage, other travelers like me who had mega hours on their hands and nowhere to go. Even with all that time, I can always find some way to be busy. We artists can always find some new artistic challenge in any given situation - like our work is never done, theres always a new scene catching our interest that we have to capture in one medium or another - isn't that so? Does anyone else feel the same?
Speaking of rouge, I don't think I'll ever tire of painting brilliant red apples - simple shapes but those vibrant reds and oranges, who can resist?
Rouge Pomme
Oil on Canvas 6x6"






No comments: