Friday, September 3, 2010

Sweet Stuff


Here's a painting I started last night at 9:30 and finished at 10:45. I went out and bought all kinds of sweet things to paint, so stay tuned for a slew of paintings of desserts, ice cream, candy, cookies and all the stuff we love to eat, drink - and look at too! This is my first in the "Sweet Stuff" series. I took photos from start to finish to show the step by step progression, I'll be uploading them and posting to my website "demos" page.

"Sweet Stuff" Acrylic on Canvas, 12x12"

4 comments:

angie Brooksby-Arcangioli said...

HI Patti,
I love your colors. You should see the pastries in Paris. Every bakery has their master pastry chef or buys them from someone. There are infinite versions of every classic piece and they are terribly jealous and protective of their things. Have you heard of http://parisbreakfasts.blogspot.com/ blog? It is an enourmously successful blog by a graphic artist that paints alot of the French pastries. She's in NYC too.

patti mollica said...

Hi Angie
thats a great blog. thanks for sharing! Pastry painting is a well traveled route - who doesn't LOVE to look at these beautiful creations? they are perfect painting subjects and I'm ready to move on from the oranges and pears and peppers for a while. I can only imagine how the Parisians have taken pastries to a new art form. I'd love to see in person what they are doing! Regarding the quinacridone - yes, i love them., and have been discovering new ones too - Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold is a deep, rich beautiful warm gold color. The quinacridones are VERY clean mixers, and so brilliant!

Bruce Bingham said...

just keeps getting juicier and juicier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yum yum

Bruce Bingham said...

keeps getting juicier and juicier!