Friday, September 17, 2010

Party Shoes


Shoes are so really fun to paint! The white shoe was last worn on June 30, 2001, the day I got married. Seems a shame that I haven't had an opportunity to wear it since, but being a more predisposed to wearing black than white, it just doesn't get much action. That strappy shoe makes a perfect painting subject however, so at least it is now immortalized, with extremely fond memories, whether it gets worn or not.

Wedding Bells 12x12" Acrylic on canvas SOLD

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these shoes how they where painted and the meaning behind them. I just celebrated my 25th ann. this week and well i don't know where my shoes are but i did save the dress! Thanks the inspiration!

patti mollica said...

Thanks Lisa - and congrats on #25!! My dress is sitting in the verrrry back of my closet. If i dyed the dress and the shoes black I'd probably get use out of them but... i don't have the guts to do that... yet.