Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pink Purse



Here's a quickie piece I did the other night did for my series of "Girl Stuff" paintings. At 10 pm, my first available free time of the day, I grabbed all my purses, dragged them into the studio, and honed the composition down to just 3 favs. I've had this pink purse for.... 10 years at least? but NEVER used it - I carry too much stuff for this size purse. However, it was just SO cute, I had to have it. Somehow I must have known when I bought it that it was too pretty to pass up - even if it's true fate was simply to paint.

Pink Purse 12x12 Acrylic on Canvas SOLD

3 comments:

angie Brooksby-Arcangioli said...

Hi Patti, I love your pink. Of course it is the combination around it that makes it great. You are a master colorist. What pigment did you use for the pink?

patti mollica said...

Hi Angie
I usually have a very limited palette except when I'm painting pinks and reds. Heres my palette:
Ultramarine, Thalo Blue (green shade) lemon yellow, cad yellow med., Cad red light, Quinacridone Magenta and Titanium white, of course. Heres what I add when i'm painting red or pink subjects: Alizarin Crimson, Cad red Deep, Cad orange. I seem to remember using a lot of the Cad red deep, it makes a really pretty pink.
Anyways, hope that helps, great to hear from you and thanks for your nice comments
best, patti

angie Brooksby-Arcangioli said...

Hi Patti,
I imagined that you had quinacridone in there. That is one of my favorites, I like to mix it with cad orange. I never tried cad red light but will get some.